Thursday, 19 May 2011

Get Off My Lawn!

*Hears a Zombie noise in the not-so distant background and runs and screams like a little girl* Oh, shit. Didn't want you to see that! Anyway! Plants Vs. Zombies is a single-player linear game that takes place on your front lawn. And as the title insists, you obviously have to fight off the invading Zombies with, yep. You guessed it. Plants.

Released in 2009 by PopCap Games, Plants Vs Zombies has become a very major hit to gamers, as it is available on the Xbox Live Arcade, PC, iPhones and also the Android Systems. Oh, let's not forget the NintendoDS version.

As you progress through Plants Vs. Zombies you unlock extra plants, or fungi to plant on the ground to slowly kill off the incoming waves of Zombies that will infiltrate your house. And to activate the plants you must acquire Sun-Power which occasionally gets drained from the Sun, and also acquired from Sunflowers. Like many linear- games the game gets progressively harder as you gradually complete the game. The Zombies get additional armour and abilities which basically own the living daylights out of your plants. Be weary though, you can only use up to seven abilities on your bar, so choose wisely. The basic gameplay goes as followed:

Red Circle, is your Solar/Sun Power. You use this to be able to use the certain abilities shown on the corresponding bar.
Grey Circle, is the Zombies. You must kill these otherwise they will eat your brains and take over your house.
Brown Circle, is a Potato Mine, you use this from Solar/Sun Energy. It is an ability.
Blue Circle, is the Sunflower, this is an alternative resource to gather Solar/Sun Energy, you must plant these to... plant more plants? XD
Last but not least, the Pink Circle. This is a last resort, the lawnmower destroys any Zombies on the patch of grass that the Zombies are travelling on, however, if they get through when there isn't a lawnmower in place, you instantly lose.

This game has a multi-player mode, which is Co-Op. I haven't exactly played Co-Op as I have no friends :< However, besides that! It's a really, really enjoyable game which has a really, really great replay value. You can purchase it off of Steam at: http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/?snr=1_4_4__13 for $10.00 AUD, or from PopCap itself.

Thanks for another review, please comment below on your recommendations and personal opinions for more reviews to come up throughout the week, thanks! Unityx!

25 comments:

  1. my neighbors just got this and play it all the time, its pretty fun to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see zombies and bell-sprouts

    l like

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine had this game and was utterly addicted to it. It must be one of those games you just have to play to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only played the free version. But I rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this game, so awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This game is addicting...a lot.Cheers mate !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god, I love this game. I had it on my iphone, but I never managed to finish it :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this game is perfect for lazy afternoons

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that game. Zombies and strategy ftw! Hopefully they come out with a number 2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun game. Great time sink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great game.

    Nice blog, followed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol this reminds me of zombies ate my neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  13. couple kids in my dorm play this, it looks pretty chill

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never played that game before.. Looks like something you would play on Facebook lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is game is awesome i played it until i beat it and got all the achievements lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was playing this once for some hours^^ Much fun

    ReplyDelete
  17. Didn't know it was co-op too, I want it again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Plants vs Zombies, although my version (the DS version) is kinda lack-luster I've heard. How could anyone dislike a game with zombies?

    ReplyDelete