Friday, 20 May 2011

We're Right On The Brink

Brink is a first-person shooter game which was developed by Splash Damage, which is a fairly new gaming company. The game was designed for PC, Playstation 3 and also Xbox360. A new release in 2011, Brink is a very, very different game as it is a first-person shooter with a parkour theme attached to it.

The plot to Brink shows of an experimental community at sea. However, the Earth’s water level begins to rise, and refugees begin to arrive in massive groups and begin to set up a make-shift community around the Ark. Once the refugees stop arriving, they begin to suggest a heart-felt end for human-life on land. A Civil War breaks out between the Resistance: The Refugees, and then you have the Security trying to protect the Ark from destruction.

As you can tell from above, Brink has two factions within the game, Resistance and Security, and they battle within the utopian city called the Ark, which is classed as a floating city, if you can call it that. Brink has four character classes attached to the two factions: Engineer, Medic, Operative and Soldiers.

Soldiers supply team-mates with weapons and explosives to destroy particular targets. Engineers enhance team-mates weapons and also builds stationary targets to help aid you. Medics heal wounded team-mates and also enhances their health. Operatives interrogates wounded enemies to gather information about the location of the enemies, and can even decept an enemy by cloaking into an exact replica.

Players earn experience points which are gathered once you complete objectives, they can be earned in Single Player and also Co-Op through Multi Player. The experience points are an exchange for character customization aswell as acquiring upgrades. As you progress through any game, as stated in my other reviews, the game does get harder, and throws in additional challenges to distract you from completing the specific objective.

However, you gain access to the Objective Wheel whichs shows you what objectives you do have, and how you have to do them. That said, there are also secondary objectives and have a particular time limit in which that they can be completed attached to them.

This is one of the very few games that I haven't played at the moment, and that said I will be buying it soon as it seems like a fun game to play, completely different from any other First-Person Shooter.

Once again, thanks for the support. Unityx.

54 comments:

  1. The only fps that I have really gotten into is Battlefield. I like the look of this, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few friends telling me not to get it.
    I just want to try it out for myself before I buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are your thoughts on the plot development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im about to youtube this...this game looks pretty interesting and will look into getting it for the PC anyone have any opinions on the game play itself and graphics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @tntunus I'm also interested in plot elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parkour theme got my attention, I might try this game with my friend later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thought on the plot development were actually mixed, I haven't played it, however it seems like a game that would take a while to get settled into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing reviews and stuff about this before it released got me excited. The reviews after it's release sadly did not. =/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll stick to quake2 and AOE2. xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog! Keep the posts coming, i enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once this gets a steam sale, I am all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I wasn't so poor atm, I'd give this game a go. Looks decent, good review

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rented it out the other day and I absolutly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! +1 Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wondering, did I miss it or is the Operative missing from the list? Great game though, it's really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Operatives is on the list! Thanks for the positive response. Anyone have a decent idea of a game that I should review? If so, please list it here. Otherwise I'm doing Pokemon Black and White next. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like such a good game :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Parkour and guns? Kinda like the matrix except without bullet time?

    ReplyDelete
  20. saw some other reviews, it is not doing well, 7 /10 mostly

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks a bit cheesy doesn't it? Hard to really connect. I mean all that elf stuff has a big following, the war stuff its directly relative..this is too conceptual.

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice reviews, thanks dude :p

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh man, why haven't I heard about this game! I'm gonna look this up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting theme, i will look at your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. brink was another one of those games that got insanely overhyped, and ended up being a bit above average in the end :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll play it once it fixes its bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I heard this game is awesome and I saw a gameplay and I really liked it, I always take resistance instead of security haha I'm not really good at FPSs, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. yeah I saw this game seriously I wanna play it because it really looks great +followed

    ReplyDelete
  29. im still in 2 minds about brink

    ReplyDelete
  30. Grrrrrr, I can't wait to play that game!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Throughly enjoyed reading this review, has really influenced my decision

    ReplyDelete
  32. Not really into brink but nice review!
    Gonna follow

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm longing for someone to come up with the next big thing. FPS has been done to death now. we need a gaming revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Pretty good-sounding game. I've been considering getting another game to play, and this might be it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh man I really need to try this one out... stuck with some other games right now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I saw a friend of mine playing this, but I didn't know what the game was actually about, this review helped me understand more about it, I may check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My brother bought this game, not sure it's really my forte. Your review is spot on though!

    ReplyDelete
  38. whoa my brother got this game too

    ReplyDelete
  39. badass pic right there =D

    ReplyDelete